Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Falling off

Having written nothing here for two months, it is not surprising that the level of interest has fallen off. I am amazed to find that the usual suspects (I suspect) are still popping in from time to time on the off-chance that I may have roused from my torpor and made some witty and insightful contribution. As time has gone on, that has become less and less likely for two reasons:

  1. I'm embarrassed. "Come in and get your beating, sonny. But first, let's hear your sad excuse for being an hour late for school." "(sniffle) I don't have one, sir. Even though I've been sitting here trying and trying to think of one for fifty-five minutes."
  2. As I stop thinking of myself as a blogger, I stop noticing things to discuss. I become less interesting and life becomes duller.
Time to get back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment